Every PlayStation VR game with HOTAS support | VRHeads
If you’re going to fly in VR, you might as well go all in and pick up a HOTAS.
In much the same way that racing wheels with pedals make driving games in VR feel a lot more realistic, flight games in VR are improved dramatically when you add a Hands On Throttle And Stick (or HOTAS) controller. These controllers allow you to really punch the throttle forward when you want to accelerate, or quickly flip your ship around when fighting in space. You can do these things with a normal controller, but if a game supports HOTAS controllers the difference in how that experience feels in VR is quickly evident.
You can get a HOTAS controller for the PlayStation 4 for fairly cheap, but not every game supports this hardware. Here’s a quick list of the PlayStation VR games offering HOTAS support now, planning to offer support later, or launching later this year with support planned out of the box.
Games you can play right now
There are a couple of PlayStation VR games you can buy right now, plug in your HOTAS controller, and everything will just work.
- Eve: Valkyrie — The first epic space combat game for PlayStation VR has a lot of experience with HOTAS controllers, and adding one to this game makes space combat feel incredible.
- StarBlood Arena — More combat focused than space flight focused, this game is all about arena combat and lightning reflexes. A HOTAS controller could be the difference between victory and defeat in online multiplayer.
Games coming later this year
- Ace Combat 7 — This franchise has a long history of quality flight experiences in both classic and modern combat planes. Ace Combat 7 will launch with HOTAS support later this year.
Games promising HOTAS support later
- War Thunder — Built to be an epic World War II flight combat game, there’s a lot of reason to be excited about this experience. All we need now is for the promised VR support to be added, which currently does not have a release date.
- Space Rift — This game already exists for PlayStation VR, but HOTAS support was promised several months ago as a priority feature to be added "soon".
Which HOTAS experience do you most like in your PlayStation VR? Sound off in the comments!
generated by uKeeper – from link to full page